The Golden Square Primary School Student Athlete Program (SAP) has been established to assist student athletes to achieve at the highest levels of performance in sport; and to help them with their personal and educational development.
The program is established with partnerships between community and educational groups from around the Bendigo area: including SEDA and Bendigo Harriers Athletics.
The program will be offered to 10-20 students from grade 6 and will come with conditions of enrolment.
The aims of the Golden Square Student Athlete Program (SAP) is to provide student athletes access to:-
- A flexible, supportive and “athlete friendly” academic environment. The academic program covers essential learning in English, Mathematics, Civics and Citizenship, Health and Physical Education and Technology.
- Physical Preparation - Quality coaching.
- Competition & training opportunities matched to the athlete’s development and potential.
- Sports Science services such as fitness testing, performance analysis and nutrition.
- A Personal Development program specific to the student athlete.
2017 APPLICATION NOW OPEN
Application for the 2017 Athlete Program are now open!
FOR SEMESTER 1 ENTRY 2017. APPLICATIONS CLOSE:
Tuesday Nov 2nd 2016 (Week 5 of Term 4)
Application can be downloaded from the attachments below.
Please note: There is a limited number of places in the program